Pages

Friday 27 November 2015

Making the longest chain

Making a Chain

Walt: 1. write a recount.
        2. integrate maths and writing.

Yesterday my class and I we making the longest chain out of paper. We had to work in groups of two, so I worked with Koliata.


First we had to estimate the length and the width. We used an A5 paper. Then we cut the paper and stick it together and join it. “Koliata, told me to use the length to make it longer.” But I said not if we use the length then it will be come short but if we use the width it will be longer.


Thereafter we placed our paper chain next to the 1 meter ruler and we measured it to make the comparison. Koliata and I made 169 cm chain out a A5 paper. Some of the paper fell off from the chain because we didn’t stick it probably.

Screenshot 2015-11-25 at 10.17.11 AM.png

Finally we finished, I think our chain was one of the shortest chains. After we estimate the measurement of the chain we had to estimate how long the chain is. Then we compared our chain with the other students. The longest chain was Viliami’s and Howard.


I enjoyed making a chain out of a A5 paper. I think i made it before in the juniors, but I can’t remember. I would like to make another paper chain again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment